ROCKFORD IQRA SCHOOL ART CLUB
‘Art is the Queen of all sciences communicating knowledge to all the generations of the world.’- Leonardo Di Vinci
In art, students are able to express themselves and expand their creativity. Art club goals include the study of various artists, creating art and learning how it impacts our day –to-day life.
Art is a basic part of a well-rounded education
- Creating art helps children discover the unexpected possibilities of their creativity.
- Art teaches critical thinking rather than getting the right answer.
- Through art children learn that problems can have more than one solution and that questions can have more than one answer.
- Art teaches students about subtleties.
- Art teaches children to evaluate and make good judgments about qualitative relationships.
- Art reminds us that the limits of our language do not define the limits of our thinking.
- Art celebrates multiple perspectives and different ways to see and interpret the world.
- Art teaches students to explore through and within possible responses.
- Art empowers children to say what cannot be said.
- Art enables us to discover the range and variety of what we are capable of doing.
This program is designed to make a meaningful difference in the lives of youth in our community. Art breaks down barriers, inspires the creative spirit and gives youth a positive expressive outlet. The structure of this vision is centered in exploring the arts, including non-traditional forms. The arts provide another dimension to help reinforce academics, teach problem solving techniques and inspire creativity.
Some of our projects have been related to our Islamic holidays such as Eid and Hajj. We have dabbled in Zen tangles and explored color with our Stained Glass paper projects. We are currently starting to work with the idea of collages by combining various mediums to create a unique piece of individual art.
One of this year’s goals that we are currently planning for the spring of 2013 is an art fair/fund raiser in which the art students will create work to be auctioned off and the proceeds will help to expand the art program.
“Art remains the one way possible of speaking truth”-Leonardo Di Vinci